On The Shelves in Lockdown June 8, 2020 12:21
We are fortunate to have built an excellent relationship with our suppliers over the years, never more so than now. By working closely with our small artisan producers and family businesses just like ours, we have kept the shelves of Provender Brown brimming with fantastic products including some of those 'gold dust' items!
We'll aim to update this page every week or as we see necessary, but with things as fluid as they are we'd ask you to call ahead or email us if you're planning to visit for one specific item.
Gold Dust Items!
As I type we now have all of the following in stock - but I can't guarantee for how long!
- Billingtons icing sugar – top of that 'gold dust' list. Lockdown is surely producing a full Bake-Off line up from Perthshire!
- Flour – we have Cobbler (basically Granary but Hovis own the name), Strong White, Pasta & Pizza, Six Seed, Plain, SR and 00.
- Dried yeast - is it bread or beer you're all making I wonder?!
- Rice - Thaibonnet, basmati and integrale are new to us here at PB and we also have new stocks of carnaroli and arborio
Seasonal or Limited Edition Items - Get Them Now!
- Seahill Farm Strawberries
- Castleton Strawberry Tart Jelly
- Jim Fairlie's Beef - Aberdeen Angus pre-packed beef from the Perthshire hills
- Perthshire Rhubarb
New In For June
- Delphi chilled salads
- Diforte chilled pots anchovy fillets, antipasto etc – can keep longer at home in the fridge than fresh stuff from the deli counter
- Gins – Downpour £38, LinGin £35, Eden Mill Mango & Pineapple Gin Liqueur £20, Misty Isle Pink Gin £38
- Mutti pizza sauce – same picture Nduja back in stock
- Rice https://www.riseriacampanini.it/en/products/ thaibonnet, basmati & integrale are new to us (also have carnaroli and arborio)
- 30 month matured Parmegiano Reggiano wedges
- Garlic Butter with parsley thyme & black pepper – I think this would be fab on Jim’s steaks
- Yorlife kefir
- Brigston & Co Artisan Hot Dogs from SW Scotland
- Billingtons icing sugar – the gold dust item of the moment
- Sarah Gray’s curds -lemon & lime
- Atkins & Potts green peppercorn sauce – just cannot get hold of green peppercorns in brine so thought I would offer the readymade sauce instead. We also have bearnaise & hollandaise. Bearnaise & peppercorn perfect for Jim’s steaks; hollandaise for asparagus
- Rj’s Licorice Allsorts
- Gourmet Fudge Fingers
- Chocolate bars – been ordering all sorts for weeks and nothings been coming in so expect to see a huge variety appear soon!
- Fever-Tree tonics
- Whisky – Old Pulteney 12 Year Old Single Malt £37
- - Bells Blended Scotch Whisky £15.50
- Fentimans Rose Lemonade & Sparkling Raspberry in 75cl bottles.
- Beers from Loch Ness and Swannay Brewery
On The Shelves
We currently have decent stock of the following and as it stands, we're still getting orders on all of it.
- Fresh bread daily
- pasta sauces
- tinned tomatoes
- cooked pulses
- tinned tuna
- tinned sardines & mackerel
- jarred pates
- risotto mixes
- jars of meze
- preserved fruits
- jams, marmalades, chutneys
- oatcakes and biscuits
- quality apple juice
Chilled and Cheeses
We also have chilled deli counter, and chilled pre-pack items with good dates:
- lots of lovely cheeses
- daily milk deliveries
- meats such as serrano and bresaola
- waxed cheeses
- whole small salami and chorizo
- Puddledub bacon
- Stornoway black pudding
- Jars of sauerkraut & kimchi
- Praveen Kumar frozen curries
The PB Grocery Pack : Order Now
Quick and easy to order, we've pulled together some of our favourite items to make life indoors a bit happier! We've tried to include items that will be tasty, useful and a little bit of a treat in these tough times. If you'd like to add anything to this, please just ask when ordering and we'll do our very best.
- 2 packs pasta
- 2 pasta sauces
- jarred paté
- tinned tuna
- apple juice
Priced at £50, with a £5.99 delivery fee to mainland UK. BUY NOW >>>