Christmas Gift Ideas! December 01, 2015 10:07
Well, the city's Christmas lights are on and we're now being asked on a daily basis for hampers, foodie gifts ideas and panettone. I feel it may be time to officially start chatting about Christmas gifts for the foodie in your life.
This year, I’m very excited to announce the launch of our Provender Brown Cheese Club! This is something I’ve wanted to do for a very long time and I am so pleased we’ve pulled it altogether in time for the Festive Season. The idea is simple:
- You buy a Monthly Cheese Club membership as a gift and the first month’s selection is ready for collection or postage for Christmas Day.
- Each month your lucky friend will either collect or receive a seasonal selection of 3 – 4 cheeses, with biscuits or crackers and an accompaniment that complements the flavours in the box.
- It will be different every month, depending on which cheeses are at their best.
Don’t you just love it? The cost is £20 per month if collected and £25 per month if delivered. You can set this up as a Direct Debit or you can pay upfront for three, six or twelve months. Click over to our Cheese Club page on the online shop to find out more or call us on 01738 587300.
Of course, our Provender Brown hampers are as popular as ever and this year there is a choice of 8 ranging from the perfect for one at £25 to the luxury, family sized at £200.
You can buy them right here on the website – click over a look – or drop into the deli. As always, if you’d like something a little more bespoke then we’d be delighted to help you put something together using our boxes or baskets or wicker hampers.
There are also loads of fab little stocking fillers and individual foodie gifts – I love the specialty honey with comb which is a great Secret Santa gift and this year you can buy Provender Brown chocolates which have been created especially for us by our friendly chocolatier; we had to taste several of these to ensure we got it just right for you!
Diane's Top Five Foodie Gifts
- The Monthly Cheese Club - perfect for any cheese lover - from £20 per month
- Rudolph Hamper - a great gift for a couple or foodie friend - £50
- Pickerings Gin with Gin & Tonic Chocolate - who wouldn't love this?- £35
- Gift Wrapped Luxury Panettone - beautifully presented and a great price point - £10.50
- Mallow Santa Lolly - stocking fillers for the wee ones! - £2.85
Our personal favourite in the sticking filler range is the fabulous gin minatures (not that we’re a team of lushes!), hot chocolate spoons and baby waxed cheese. And the dried fig balls which have been baked in the oven are just wonderful… okay, hands up, we love everything!
Please take this as sound advice from a woman who has had to console many a Hogmanay or Christmas Eve cheese buyer!
"Book your Christmas cheese and charcuterie orders in advance!"
Our suppliers are, as you know, largely artisan food producers and they are under enormous pressure at this time of year to keep up with demand. Once our order is in, that’s it; we’re committed. So to ensure you get exactly what you want, let us know by the 10th of December and we’ll make sure you’re part of the plan. If you’d like some advice on a cheese board then do please drop in to the deli and chat to one of the team.
We're all looking forward to seeing what you put in your festive basket! Do come along to one of our fab tasting events which you can find details for here >>>
Diane and The PB Team X